[daip] how to export uv data and how to overplot?

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 31 15:26:49 EDT 2009

Hi Ting,

You should probably apply the calibration and then export the data.  Use SPLAT
and apply CL table 2, this will create a new uv file and export it.  FITTP will
keep all your calibration tables, but I don't know what CASA (importuvfits in
particular, which I have found finicky) will do with them.  I think it is safer
to just apply the calibration and then export.

For UVPLT, you can use the different GRCHAN to over plot, 1 is yellow, 2 is
green etc..  So set GRCHAN to 1, run UVPLT, then set GRCHAN to 2, and run UVPLT
again and that will be over plotted.   You might want to fix the scale too, so
they will be on the same scale, do this with BPARM (e.g., BPARM 0 0 1 0 1000 0
1.0, will set the scale on the x-axis from 0-1000 and the y-axis from 0-1).

Amy