[daip] how to export uv data and how to overplot?

Ting Yan Ting.Yan at Colorado.EDU
Mon Aug 31 13:02:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am reducing VLA data taken from 2007. I am trying to run VLANT in AIPS
and then export the corrected data for further reduction in CASA (I'm
more familiar with CASA). So after I run VLANT, there are two CL tables.
CL #2 is what I want. However, I tried to use FITTP to export the data,
but there is no input parameter which specifys the CL table to be
exported. So I am not sure which table is exported. Could you please
tell how I can export the corrected data to a fits file? Thanks.

Another question is how to overplot the data in uvplt. I just want to
see how large the difference is between raw data and corrected data. Thanks!

Ting Yan
Graduate  Student
Center for Astrophysics and Space Astronomy
University of Colorado at Boulder