[daip] installation problem, FILAIP not working

Sambit Roychowdhury sambit at ncra.tifr.res.in
Thu Aug 27 14:18:05 EDT 2009

hi,
   i am trying to install AIPS (classic) 31DEC09 version on my laptop, and i was trying
the text installation. the OS is Ubuntu Linux 9.04 (Jaunty). after some initial hiccups,
and quite a few library installations later, install.pl could complete upto INSTEP4, but
then aborted while trying to run FILAIP. the output is attached as the text file
"aipsinstallerror".
   i changed the option LAPTOP="YES" in the $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN files, and the RUN FILAIP,
gave 8 2 as input, but it still didn't work. the output from this stage is attached as
the text file "filaiprunerror".
   i would be very grateful if you can help me complete the installation.
                                 thanks,
                                        sambit.

--
Sambit Roychowdhury

Research Scholar,
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics -
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Pune,
India.