[daip] Large buffer error

Michele Pestalozzi michele.pestalozzi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 07:21:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to reduce some ATCA data with AIPS, using a ParselTongue
interface. These data have been taken with the newly installed broadband
correlator CABB with  2GHz bandwidth over 2050 channels in each of the two
IFs. The dataset, a 3.5-hour observation, all polarisation products (linear
orthogonal feeds), is about 4.5GB. Once loaded with ATLOD I cannot do very
much else than list the scans with LISTR, as all other tasks complain and
say (e.g. for UVPLT): UVPLT1: UVGET: VISIBILITIES TOO BIG FOR BUFFER.
What can I do? I am runnig the 31DEC07 frozen version of AIPS (without
midnight job). Is an upgrade necessary? Or what else?

Many thanks for your infos and support!

Michele Pestalozzi

--
Michele Pestalozzi