[daip] CALIB problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 3 16:22:08 EDT 2009

Amy Mioduszewski wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Abhirup (NMTech student) is having trouble with CALIB.  He has 1212 fields and
> when he runs in version TST it looks for a 1213th field and croaks (see error
> message and inputs below).  When he ran it in version NEW it runs fine.
>
> Amy
>
> CALIB OUTPUT:
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Task CALIB  (release of 31DEC09) begins
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: CALIB USING J0924-2201   . BOXC   .   1 DISK=  1 USID=2588
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: L1 Solution type
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Create 0924_13DEC  .CALIB .   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno 1221
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Doing no flagging this time
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Selecting the data
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Using Clean Component self-cal source model
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: SETGDS: imaging done with reprojected tangent point(s)
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: ERROR  5 FINDING J0924-2201  .IC1213.  1     DISK=  1 USID=2588
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=   1221 disk= 1
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> ALFIRK> CALIB1: alfirk 31DEC09 TST: Cpu=      1.2  Real=      1  IO=        66

I have fixed this - leaving some "Eric test" files in alfirk I fear.

There were 2 problems - the one above caused by not re-initializing the
class name when the task looped for a second pass through the facets.
The 4-character numbers were updated with 3-character ones leaving the
"1" in place - so that failure was at facet 213 in fact.  The second
came much later and was due to array that was too small (1000 rather
than the 4096 limit on # facets).

CALIB should now work.  Note that there were still lots of failed solutions.