[daip] IMAGR and dowait

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 22 10:48:20 EDT 2009

James Miller-Jones wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I had a question about IMAGR which I was hoping you might be able to
> help me with.  I am working on some 330-MHz multi-configuration VLA
> data, and am using the facetting approach to deal with the
> non-coplanarity of the array.  In C configuration, to map out the full
> primary beam takes 85 facets or so.  Setting dowait=1 before running
> IMAGR, I gain the ability to force a field, which comes in very useful.
> However, I notice that when I force a field, IMAGR remakes all the
> images.  I don't recall it having done so in the past; is this a new
> feature of IMAGR?  And if so, is there any way I can switch it off, to
> prevent it from remaking the images every time I force a field?  With so
> many facets (and there will be more once I go to B configuration), it
> takes quite some time to remake the images, which, if I need to do so
> several times during the imaging process, will slow the process down
> significantly.

I made a silly mistake in the code when a facet is forced setting K(I)
rather than K(1) to the desired facet.  Since I was not one, all of K
ended up 0 and all facets were re-imaged.  I fixed 31DEC09 last night so
a MNJ today will correct the problem.  I plan to patch 31DEC08 some time
today so a MNJ on it - say tomorrow to be safe - should fix that version
too.

Thanks,