[daip] TV Display on Macbook

emdoug at bu.edu emdoug at bu.edu
Mon Sep 8 20:38:29 EDT 2008

Hi,
I recently installed Aips on my Macbook.  From the get-go the tv display
has failed to open.  I followed the instructions in the FAQ and set the
shared memory to the suggested larger values.  I checked to see that they
had taken effect and they had.  Now I am getting the error:

XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1142 height 620,
     max grey level 196 in 16 grey-scale memories
Shared memory id failure: Cannot allocate memory

This happened after I had rebooted the computer after changing the values
in the rc file.  I checked ipcs -a, which shows nothing is active.  I've
rebooted again but still receive the same error.

This is a Macbook running 10.4.11

Have you got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ned Douglass