[daip] Your query of the analysts

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:45:54 EDT 2008

Hau Yu Liu wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
>    Thanks very much for help. I had also checked the VLA ovservational status summary
> published at 2007 and find
> the meaning of '2AD'. However, when I load the archived data AK138, I also
> couldn't get the 'LL' while the observation scan shows there is some. The
> correlator mode is '2A', but I can't find it from the status summary.
> I'm guessing whether '2A' means 'AA' & 'CC'. But I can't get the 'CC' part from
> the archived data. Some other archived data with only one IF and only RCP polarization
> always use the correlator mode '1A'. Did I miss anything or do FILLM incorrectly?

2A is 2 IFs with RR polarization.  1A would be 1 IF.  I suspect there is
a 2AC mode (I do not have the list in front of me).

C                         1=cont,
C                         2=1A, 3=1B, 4=1C, 5=1D,
C                         6=2AB, 7=2AC, 8=2AD, 9=2BC, 10=2BD, 11=2CD,
C                        12=4, 13=PA, 14=PB,
C                        15=1A/C, 16=1B/C, 17=1C/C, 18=1D/C,
C                        19=2AC/C, 20=2BD/C,
C                        21=2A, 22=4A

is the comment from FILLM but there is no place there with a simple
explanation.  I note for example that the 2AD mode can be "compatible"
or not compatible (i,e. requiring 2 output files rather than 1).