[daip] Your query of the analysts

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 21 10:45:47 EDT 2008

Hau Yu Liu wrote:

>>From the scan listed on the VLA data archive website, this archived data contains
> two IF band with frequency 23.69GHz and 23.72 GHz, respectively. And each of them
> had been measured in 'RR' and 'LL'.
> However, after loading the data into AIPS, I got two UV line data, with 23.69GHz band
> in one file and 23.72GHz in the other. But the first file only contains 'RR'
> correlation, and the second file contains only 'LL' correlation.

You have not read the archive pages correctly.  The data were taken in
VLA mode 2AD.  This produces line data in RR at IF 1 and line data in LL
in IF 2, just as you have found after FILLM.  The archive pages do not
explain the modes well, and people not familiar with the VLA may have to
go to other web pages to find what the modes mean.  (In fact, I went
down the hall to a true expert to confirm this information before
responding to you.)