[daip] ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES?

Dan Batcheldor dpbpci at cis.rit.edu
Thu Oct 16 17:13:27 EDT 2008

Dear help,

At RIT we are running 31DEC07 on multiple hosts for multiple users.
The machines are running SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-22 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500.

We have the following error messages on start up:

AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server  10
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server  10
  ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
  ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 1024 BEYOND EOF = 0
  ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number

I have looked through as much documentation as possible as to the
cause of this problem, without any luck - hence the email.

Please could you tell us what is ZFI2, what the related error 22
means, and how we could possible fix it?

I hope that I have provided you with enough information to diagnose
the problem, but please let me know if there is anything else we need
to do in order to help.

Many thanks, and I look forard to hearing from you soon.

Dan

Dan Batcheldor
Associate Research Scientist
Astrophysics Group