[daip] Fwd: AIPS Installation problem

viral parekh viral.iucaa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:34:56 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: viral parekh <viral.iucaa at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Subject: AIPS Installation problem
To: egreisen at nrao.edu

Hello,

I am a student of IISER, India and learning AIPS. I am trying to install it
in my laptop. I am installing it with ./install.pl
I have downloaded 31dec08.tar.gz and using Fedora-9 version.
After giving ./install.pl command I can modified all the parameters which
are in the screen 1-11.
But after that I am getting following error

AipsWiz: ==> Confirm: start the install with these settings [Y]: Y
AipsWiz:  =====> Creating or updating HOSTS.LIST file
AipsWiz:         -- Done.
rsync: getaddrinfo: ftp.aoc.nrao.edu 873: Temporary failure in name
resolution
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[receiver=3.0.2]
AipsWiz:  =====> Configuring your AIPS_ROOT area...
cp: cannot create regular file `./AIPSASSN.SH': Permission denied
chgrp: cannot access `AIPSASSN.SH': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `AIPSASSN.SH': No such file or directory
AipsWiz: Error: Failed to copy AIPSASSN.SH to /usr/aips
AipsWiz: Error: Check permissions on directory, and your uid/gid:
AipsWiz: Error: `ls -ld /usr/aips; id`
AipsWiz: Error: Cannot proceed further!

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.

Please help me

Thank you

Regards,