[daip] Polarisation code for Nasmyth & EW antennae

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 15 13:53:33 EDT 2008

Richard Dodson wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
>  You might recall that I promised to check out the new AIPS code I had
> written, and then send it to you.
>
>  It has taken an age to get data I could use for the tests. Well Yebes
> observed in May and the LBA in March. I have reduced those data and am
> happy with the results.
>
>   Therefore I think it is reasonable to release the code. I wonder if
> we could ask for people to be careful with it -- and perhaps share the
> calibration data with me, so I can continue to check that all is
> behaving as expected?
>
>   I have updated the code for the latest distribution, and attach it
> with the new files (only 6 -- mostly with very minor changes) and the
> originals from which I worked.
>
>  I have tested the core changes extensivily (for very many details see
> http://www1.oan.es/informes/archivos/IT-OAN-2007-16.pdf) and checked
> that the code compiles and behaves sensibly with this latest version
> of 08 AIPS
>
>        Richard
I am puting back all the code changes you have requested.  I removed the
ABS(type) bits and changed PARANG around some.  Note - you seem to think
that AIPS/ATNF parallactic angle is a different sign than the text you
quote.  But, the text formulation allows parallactic angles from -90 to
+90.  The code goes from -180 to +180.  The sign in the text you quote
is irrelevant so long as the numerator and denominator have a similar sign.

Anyway, thanks.  A MNJ tomorrow will update the code for you to check
it.  I also fixed NEWPARMS and added the ATLOD adverbs to NEWPARMS and
to POPSDAT.

Cheers,