[daip] XGAUS TV problem

Gregory Taylor gbtaylor at unm.edu
Fri May 30 13:33:00 EDT 2008

XGAUS is not interacting well with the TV.  It complains that the TV
is being used by somebody else.  I've tried using UNIX and INET
TVs, using a mac, a linux installation, etc.  I cannot get any sort
of interaction to happen with the TV.  I've tried tektronix devices
on mac and linux and these also fail to interact properly.

Here is the output from pegasus.aoc.nrao.edu, user 1555, using the TV:

 >go xgaus
XGAUS1: Task XGAUS  (release of 31DEC08) begins
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .TCUBE .   3 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   32
XGAUS1: AXIS TYPE FELO-LSR DOES NOT HAVE KNOWN UNITS
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .AMPL1 .   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   33
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .CENTR1.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   34
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .WIDTH1.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   35
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DAMPL1.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   36
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DCENT1.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   37
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DWIDT1.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   38
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .AMPL2 .   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   39
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .CENTR2.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   40
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .WIDTH2.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   41
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DAMPL2.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   42
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DCENT2.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   43
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DWIDT2.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   44
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .CONST .   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   45
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .SLOPE .   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   46
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DCONST.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   47
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DSLOPE.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   48
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .FLUX1 .   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   49
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DFLUX1.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   50
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .FLUX2 .   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   51
XGAUS1: Create 0402UVLSF+  .DFLUX2.   2 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   52
XGAUS1: Begin plane      1. of     87.
**** Enter RETR to repeat the row (must enter a guess)
**** enter BAD to flag solution, QUIT to die, hit return to continue
retr
XGAUS1: TV DEVICE105 CURRENTLY BEING USED BY SOMEONE ELSE
XGAUS1: TV OPEN ERROR      4
Position cursor at center & height of gaussian component 1
AIPS 1: ZABORS: signal 2 received
AIPS 1: ABORT!
pegasus<2>%

Here is the output from pegasus.aoc.nrao.edu using the Teksrv:

**** Enter RETR to repeat the row (must enter a guess)
**** enter BAD to flag solution, QUIT to die, hit return to continue
RETR
XGAUS1: ZTKOPN: LUN =  7 ALREADY OPENED IN FTAB
XGAUS1: ZFIO: LUN =  7 NOT OPEN IN FTAB
XGAUS1: ZFIO: LUN =  7 NOT OPEN IN FTAB
XGAUS1: ZFIO: LUN =  7 NOT OPEN IN FTAB
Position cursor at center & height of gaussian component 1
XGAUS1: ZFIO: LUN =  7 NOT OPEN IN FTAB
**** Enter RETR to repeat the row (must enter a guess)
**** enter BAD to flag solution, QUIT to die, hit return to continue

Here are the inputs to XGAUS:

AIPS 1: XGAUS     Fits 1-dimensional Gaussians to images
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     '0402UVLSF+'            Input image name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'TCUBE'                 Input image name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input image disk unit #
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    '0402UVLSF+'            Output image name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   'TCUBE'                 Output image name (class)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output image disk unit #.
AIPS 1: BLC           0         224        Bottom left corner of input
AIPS 1:             229        *rest 0
AIPS 1: TRC           0         283        Top right corner of input
AIPS 1:             315        *rest 0
AIPS 1: YINC          1                    Do every YINCth row
AIPS 1: ZINC          1                    Do every ZINCth plane
AIPS 1: FLUX          0                    Flux cutoff (see HELP)
AIPS 1: BCHAN         1                    # channels at left for
AIPS 1:                                    baseline (-1 => no baseline)
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    # channels at right for
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1:                                    baseline (0 => none)
AIPS 1: DOOUTPUT      1                    Write residual image
AIPS 1: DOSLICE       1                    Plot data on TEK/TV
AIPS 1: DOMODEL       1                    Plot model on TEK/TV
AIPS 1: DORESID      -1                    Plot residuals on TEK/TV
AIPS 1: PIXRANGE      0           0        Min,Max of image intensity
AIPS 1:                                      Max <= Min => entire range
AIPS 1: LTYPE         3                    Type of labeling: 1 border,
AIPS 1:                                    2 no ticks, 3 standard, 4 rel
AIPS 1:                                    to center, 5 rel to subim cen
AIPS 1:                                    6 map pixels
AIPS 1: PIXVAL        0                    Display if peak < PIXVAL
AIPS 1: NITER       100                    Max # fit iterations
AIPS 1:                                     0 -> 100.
AIPS 1: NGAUSS        2                    Number of Gaussians
AIPS 1:                                    Guess of model parameters
AIPS 1: GMAX       *all 0                    Peak of component (JY)
AIPS 1: GPOS       *all 0                    X position (pixels wrt the
AIPS 1:                                      reference pixel)
AIPS 1: GWIDTH     *all 0                    FWHM of comp. (pixels)
AIPS 1:                                    Solve for model parameters?
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1: DOMAX         1           1          Solve for GMAX?
AIPS 1:               1           1
AIPS 1: DOPOS         1           1          Solve for GPOS?
AIPS 1:               1           1           1           1
AIPS 1:               1           1
AIPS 1: DOWIDTH       1           1          Solve for GWIDTH?
AIPS 1:               1           1           1           1
AIPS 1:               1           1           1           1
AIPS 1:               1           1
AIPS 1: DOTV         -1                    > 0 use TV instead of TEK
AIPS 1: GRCHAN        2                    TV graphics channel to use
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disk to avoid for scratch

Thanks for looking into this.  Ciao,
                               - Greg