[daip] Visitor at AOC using AIPS, access to data processed on previous days problem

Dusan Maletic dusanmal at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:20:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

please notice that I am currently visiting AOC and processing my data, using workstation THUBAN.

I started on Friday. Today I can see my files processed on Friday in /DATA/THUBAN_1 disk.
However, when I use AIPS it does not recognize these as mine, neither the LASTEXIT, etc. saved files.
Disk 1 shows empty. I tried to repeat the initial steps. New files are created. These have different extension
(.214 vs. .20V) but are still owned by me (aocvis6) same as Friday files...
>From the observed behaviour I'd guess that the system is treating me as a new user today
vs. on Friday although I am both the same "aocvis6" user and AIPS user # 2632...

I will be at AOC until 4/5 and will process a lot of data related to the same project.
It would be great if you could correct this AIPS behaviour for me or instruct me
how to properly get access to the data processed on previous days.

Thanks,

Dusan Maletic