[daip] Problems with MATCH

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 19 11:49:59 EDT 2008

Mark Reid wrote:
> Dear Designated Aips'er:
>
>     I've been having trouble loading and preparing data for analysis for
> program BB227B (AGN water maser in UGC3789; part of the WMCP).
>
>     The VLBA data were correlated in 2 passes, 4IFs in each pass.  They
> need to be MATCHed (antenna numbering differs) and VBGLUed.  While I was
> able to do this successfully for BB227A, it fails for B.
>
> Here is an example of what happens with MATCH
>
> AIPS 1: MATCH    Task to modify source, antenna, FQ numbers to match
> AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
> AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
> AIPS 1: INNAME     'MULTI2IFB'             Input UV file name (name)
> AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                Input UV file name (class)
> AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
> AIPS 1: INDISK        2                    Input UV file disk unit #
> AIPS 1: IN2NAME    'MULTI_IFA'             Master UV file name.
> AIPS 1: IN2CLASS   'UVDATA'                Master UV file class.
> AIPS 1: IN2SEQ        1                    Master UV file seq. #
> AIPS 1: IN2DISK       2                    Master UV file volumn number
> AIPS 1: OUTNAME    'MULTI2IFB'             Output UV file name (name)
> AIPS 1: OUTCLASS   'UVDATA'                Output UV file name (class)
> AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
> AIPS 1: OUTDISK       2                    Output UV file disk unit #.
> AIPS 1: DOALL         3                    Do antenna, source, frequency
> AIPS 1:                                    flags
>  >go
> MATCH1: Task MATCH  (release of 31DEC08) begins
> AIPS 1: Resumes
>  >MATCH1: Create MULTI2IFB   .UVDATA.   2 (UV)  on disk  2  cno    5
> MATCH1: WARNING: FREQUENCIES NOT MATCHED
> MATCH1: Warning: number sources file 1   4 file 2   7 not same
> MATCH1: SUID   2 HAS NO MATCH - APPEND IT
> MATCH1:  1862929 UNDEFINED TRANSLATIONS FOR FQ IDS
> MATCH1: Copied AT file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: Source, FQ, and/or antenna #s adjusted in AT table version    1
> MATCH1: Copied IM file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: Source, FQ, and/or antenna #s adjusted in IM table version    1
> MATCH1: Copied CT file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: Copied MC file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: Source, FQ, and/or antenna #s adjusted in MC table version    1
> MATCH1: Copied OB file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: Copied GC file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: Source, FQ, and/or antenna #s adjusted in GC table version    1
> MATCH1: Copied WX file from vol/cno/vers  2    3   1 to  2    5   1
> MATCH1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
> MATCH1: ABORT!
>
> I tried with DOALL=1 and got the same problem.
>
> Any ideas?
Yes - actually.  Can you do a LISTR 'SCAN' on both of them - or a PRTAB
and their FQ files?  MATCH is finding a freqid in one that does not
match freqid in the other - I am suspicious that you have multiple
FREQIDs in one or both data sets and that cannot be handled by VBGLU.
Another possibility was an error that occurred in WX tables - if the two
files have WX tables that differ in format (or content - I think antenna
number was messed up) then the abort may be coming from processing them.
If they are messed up they do you no good so delete them and the MATCH
may work.  To get proper WX tables (needed for APCAL) you may have to
download the raw correlator data, rather than the data processed through
FITLD and FITAB at the time of correlation.