[daip] aips tv in Leopard (Intel Mac)

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Sat Mar 15 14:00:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:32:24 -0600, Wes Young <wyoung at nrao.edu> said:

> Hi Juan,
> Well I've not heard of this issue before. You can tweak the firewall

There's no need to do that, I think (and disabling it is bad for other
reasons)... the real problem is here:

>> >tvinit
>> ZSSSL2: seco: UNKNOWN HOST

Did you run this while off the network?  It's odd, because the startup
messages indicated it knew the hostname was seco, but now the system
can't find host seco.

I would try "aips tv=local" and use Unix sockets instead, unless you
really need remote AIPS sessions to access your TV.  That should avoid
any network, hostname, or other DNS issues.

AFAICT, this is not a firewall issue at all.

 - Pat