[daip] task FILLM

fgovoni at ca.astro.it fgovoni at ca.astro.it
Fri Mar 14 07:26:22 EDT 2008

Dear analyst,

I'm writing regarding the problem with the AIPS task
FILLM for polarimetry data.

If I well understand the problem with FILLM regards only data
performed after June, 27, 2007 and in such a case I have to use
a correct version of AIPS (31DEC08 for example) to calibrate the data.

But, in the email you mentioned to a less serious problem also:
"FILLM has also been calculating the weights for the same cross-hand data
incorrectly, although this has a much less serious effect on the data."
Could you better quantify such an effect please?
To avoid this effect, do you suggest to use a correct version
of AIPS (31DEC08 for example), both for new (after June, 27, 2007)
and for old data?

Best regards
Federica Govoni

daip at nrao.edu

Federica Govoni
INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari
Loc. Poggio dei Pini, Strada 54
09012 Capoterra (CA)
Tel: +39 070 71180249 - Fax +39 070 71180222