[daip] FILLM/VLA

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 13:51:29 EDT 2008

Hi there. I'm reducing some VLA data from August/September 2007 and am
seeing some bizarre behaviour; sometimes the band seems to 'flip'. I first
noticed this in BPLOT where the curvature of my bandpass solutions
inverted suddenly. Investigating further, one of the antennas has a spike
in the bandpass and this moves from, say, channel 2 to channel 6 after the
flip. This may be a problem with the VLA at the time of the observations
and uncorrectable, but I was wondering if maybe it was a problem with
FILLM. There is at least a link in that FILLM reports additional
'Processing Correlator Code' statments at the point at which the band
flips, perhaps as a result of the number of antennas changing. Have you
come across this?

Cheers,

Andy

p.s. I am using 31DEC08 with a weekly midnight job.