[daip] aips_gripe

David Hogg dhogg at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 7 15:00:01 EST 2008

{07-MAR-2008 14:54:09}
{valen        UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
{  337  31DEC06  LINX}
{David Hogg}
{NRAO-CV}
{434-296-0256}
{I started up AIPS as aips='OLD' and ran UVPLT.
 >tget uvplt
 AIPS 2: Found in Version=TST
 valen.> UVPLT2: Doing no flagging this time
 valen.> UVPLT2: ERROR   -1 REQUESTING PARAMETERS FROM SCREEN SERVER
 valen.> UVPLT2: YTVOPN: YDTVC RETURNS ERROR     -1
 valen.> UVPLT2: TV OPEN ERROR     -1
 valen.> UVPLT2: GINIT: ERROR   -1 OPENING THE TV
 valen.> UVPLT2: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
 valen.> UVPLT2: valen 31DEC08 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=      0  IO=         1

 I noted that it tried to do it in 'NEW', and asked that it try it as 'OLD'
 >vers='OLD'
 >go
 valen.> UVPLT2: Task UVPLT  (release of 31DEC06) begins
 valen.> UVPLT2: PLTUV:      16770 Points plotted
 valen.> UVPLT2: Appears to have ended successfully
 valen.> UVPLT2: valen        31DEC06 OLD: Cpu=       0.4  Real=       5
 All went well and I got my plot OK. Has the TV routine been changed?
  }
{I had difficulty plotting data on the TV}
{dhogg at nrao.edu}
{ }