[daip] External Disk, MAC

Jose-Maria Torrelles torrelles at ieec.fcr.es
Thu Jun 26 05:58:16 EDT 2008

Dear AIPS group, I have installed aips in a mac system and works very
nicely.
However, I am trying to mount externally (usb) a disk within aips.
To define that disk I have added
the line /Volumes/AIPS/DATA within the files DADEVS.LIST
and NETSP, where the directory DATA contains the file SPACE (through
"touch SPACE").
This is, following the same procedure I have made within other systems
(e.g. LINUX).
However the disk is not mounted within AIPS (I have already runned
"source LOGIN.CSH").
The external disk has FAT32 format, I do not know if this could be a
problem (?). FAT 32 is
recognized within Mac.

I would greatly appreciate any advisor on this.

Best regards,

Jose M. Torrelles

--
Jose-Maria Torrelles