[daip] Installing on MacBook Pro

David H. Roberts roberts at brandeis.edu
Wed Jun 25 17:42:15 EDT 2008

I have run into a problem trying to install the current AIPS on this
computer. Running the install scrip works fine until I ask it to do
the install; it then proceeds fine for a while, but aborts with the
following information:

AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/LIBR
AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/LOAD
AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/MEMORY
AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/PREP
AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/SYSTEM
AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/SYSTEM/
MACBOOKPRO
AipsWiz: Creating directory /Applications/AIPS/31DEC08/MACINT/TEMPLATE
AipsWiz:  =====> Configuring AIPS for your printers...
AipsWiz:         Text printing set up for 'A' size paper
AipsWiz:         -- done
AipsWiz:  =====> Configure AIPS data areas ...
Illegal division by zero at ./install.pl line 2840.

How do I overcome this?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Roberts

David H. Roberts
William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Astrophysics
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02454
781-736-2846 (voice) 781-736-2915 (fax)