[daip] vlbautil

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 25 15:21:56 EDT 2008

Crystal Brogan wrote:
> Actually, she only ran vlbautil several times after things stopped
> working.
>
> After compress (which didn't work but gave the following potentially
> helpful error), and restore 0 which also didn't fix the problem I'm not
> sure what else to do. After restore 0, run vlbautil seems to run smoothly
> (at least without errors) but the proceedure VLBAFQS still declines to run
> (with no error message).

I have logged in to crux and the data set in question only has 1 FQ so
VLBAFQS has nothing to do.  It may do that silently.

Note - I do not expect COMPRESS to run nicely after a blew core.  It
means that a proc will be partly compiled into the memory and an attempt
to recompile that part in the compress will fail.  RESTORE 0 is the only
remedy except for real experts and even then only if they are lucky
(namely it gets me too sometimes).