[daip] clcal bug

Cormac Reynolds cormac.reynolds at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 03:02:52 EDT 2008

hi,

after reading the help files a little more carefully, I found that I
got the behaviour I wanted by setting the desired GAINUSE explicitly,
instead of setting to 0 and allowing it to default to a new table. The
help file does explain that if you set gainuse=0, the old table is
first copied before being filled, which explains why CLCAL behaved the
way it did.

So this is not a bug after all, but I do wonder if the difference in
operation between setting gainuse explicitly or leaving as 0 is so
desirable. I would have thought that the 'CALP' option should provide
this functionality, but perhaps there is a good reason why it works
how it does.

regards,
Cormac.