[daip] clcal bug

Cormac Reynolds cormac.reynolds at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:21:10 EDT 2008

hi,

I notice what looks like a small bug in clcal (if I understand how it
should work correctly). I fringed a subset of the antennas in a
dataset (using the 'ANTENNAS' keyword to select the antennas). As
expected, there were no entries in the SN table for the antennas that
I had not selected. I then ran clcal on the resulting SN table. I was
expected to see no entries in the CL table for the antennas that were
not selected, but the CL table had the entries from the parent CL
table passed through unchanged. I thought that this behaviour was what
would happen if OPCODE='CALP', but I had definitely selected
OPCODE='CALI'.

I've included the full list of inputs to CLCAL at the bottom of this
message, in case it is useful.

thanks,
Cormac.

The other inputs to CLCAL were:

AIPS 1: CLCAL     Task to manage SN and CL calibration tables
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BP124A_Q'              Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    'J1302+5748'            Source list to calibrate
AIPS 1:            'J1256+5652'  'J1306+5529'
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: SOUCODE    ' '                     Source "Cal codes"
AIPS 1: CALSOUR    'J1302+5748'            Cal sources for calibration
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    ' '                     Calibrator code '    '=>all
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to calibrate
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>all,
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas selected, 0=> all
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        0                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1: OPCODE     'CALI'                  Operation 'MERG','CALI',
AIPS 1:                                    'CALP'; ' ' => 'CALI'
AIPS 1: INTERPOL   'AMBG'                  Interpolation function,
AIPS 1:                                    choices are: '2PT','SIMP',
AIPS 1:                                    'AMBG','CUBE','SELF','POLY',
AIPS 1:                                    'SELN'; see HELP for details
AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Interpolation limit in
AIPS 1:                                    time (min); 0=> no limit.
AIPS 1: SAMPTYPE   ' '                     Smoothing function
AIPS 1: BPARM      *all 0                  Smoothing parameters
AIPS 1: ICUT          0.1                  Cutoff for functional forms
AIPS 1: DOBLANK       0                    Blanked value interpolation
AIPS 1: DOBTWEEN      1                    > 0 -> smooth all sources
AIPS 1:                                    together; else separate them
AIPS 1: SMOTYPE    ' '                     Data to smooth
AIPS 1: SNVER         4                    Input SN table, 0=>all.
AIPS 1: INVERS        0                    Upper SN table vers in a
AIPS 1:                                    range.  0=>SNVER
AIPS 1: GAINVER       0                    Input Cal table 0=>high
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       0                    Output CAL table 0=>high+1
AIPS 1: REFANT        5                    Reference antenna 0=>pick.
AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
#
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch