[daip] AIPS problem with task VLANT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 20 11:53:20 EDT 2008

Cameron Van Eck wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I was able to run VLANT successfully by putting that file in /TEXT/STARS/
> It works just fine now.
>
> In the interests of identifying the problem, I took a look in my /tmp
> directory, and the only AIPS-related file I found in there was an empty
> file labelled AIPS1.250.  There did not appear to be a copy of the
> baselines.vlais08 file there, even though I ran VLANT to confirm that the
> problem was still present before applying the /STARS/VLA.ant.2008 fix.
> I've checked and I do have admin access to that directory, so I'm not sure
> why the file is absent.

Actually, the real issue is why the task thought that the file was
present after a "wget" which you probably do not even have.  Glad that
the fix works.  You may need to delete that file if you are going to run
VLANT much later since the file may be updated by the VLA analysts
(which is why we dynamically fetch this year's file).

Glad things are moving forward.