[daip] AIPS problem with task VLANT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 19 17:36:55 EDT 2008

Cameron Van Eck wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I recently began working with AIPS for VLA project AM959 and I have
> encountered a problem that I cannot seem to find help for anywhere in the
> AIPS documentation or the internet.
>
> I downloaded my data from the NRAO archive and loaded into AIPS using
> FILLM, which appeared to work correctly.  I then attempted to run the task
> 'VLANT' , and I recieved the following message as a result:
> localh> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC08) begins
> localh> VLANT1: FQMATC: Setting FQ id number =    1
> localh> VLANT1: /tmp/baselines.vlais08 copied from the VLA web site
>  localh> VLANT1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
> localh> VLANT1: ABORT!
>
> The data file retains a 'WRIT' status, and no new CL table is created.
> I'm not sure how serious this problem is, or what exactly it means.  So I
> would appreciate any information you could offer on the cause and solution
> to this problem.  If there is any important information I have left out of
> this email, please let me know.

I am afraid that I cannot confirm your problem.  I have tried your data
on my Linux box with 3 different compiler versions of VLANT.  What
verion of aips are you using, what kind of computer are you on, did you
compile aips locally and if so with what compiler?  More simply, did you
try a second time in case the /tmp/baselines.vlais08 file was messed up
in the fetch over the internet?  I attach the correct file.