[daip] Request for FITLD modification for DiFX data

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 11 11:55:21 EDT 2008

The software correlator produces output data that is nearly identical to
that of the hardware correlator.  I have found one difference that
requires a minor change to FITLD.

First, one can identify data produced by DIFX by looking at the FITS
header.  There will be a line

CORR    = 'DIFX'

at the top.  Feel free to suggest alternatives to this if this is not
appropriate.  I continue to set TELESCOP = VLBA and ORIGIN = VLBA
Correlator.

The change requested for DiFX is as follows:  The digital saturation
parameter, called SATUR in FITLD, should always be set to 1.0 for data
from DiFX.  This parameter is very tersely described in vlba scientific
memo 12.

As far as I can tell, all of the other corrections made for VLBA
correlator data also apply to DiFX correlated data.

Thanks,

Walter