[daip] Fwd: Re: AIPS installation on Mac OS X 10.5.2

Gianfranco Gentile gianfranco.gentile at ugent.be
Wed Jun 11 09:45:30 EDT 2008

Hello,
a few days ago I sent the following e-mail, I am not sure
if it was received correctly.
Thanks a lot in advance,
        Gianfranco

----- Forwarded message from gianfranco.gentile at ugent.be -----
     Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:00:43 +0200
     From: Gianfranco Gentile <gianfranco.gentile at ugent.be>
  Subject: Re: [daip] AIPS installation on Mac OS X 10.5.2
       To: Wes Young <wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu>
       Cc: daip at nrao.edu

Hello,

thanks for your answer - I am sending this e-mail also to daip at nrao.edu.
If I do "sysctl kern.sysv" I get the following:

~]$ sysctl kern.sysv
kern.sysv.shmall: 1024
kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
kern.sysv.shmmax: 4194304
kern.sysv.semume: 10
kern.sysv.semmsl: 87381
kern.sysv.semmnu: 87381
kern.sysv.semmns: 87381
kern.sysv.semmni: 87381
kern.sysv: No such file or directory
~]$

The numbers (in kern.sysv.shmmax and kern.sysv.shmall) are not those
I set in /etc/sysctl.conf (see below in one of my previous e-mails), so
apparently it is not being executed on start up. Also, I am not sure what
to think about the "No such file or directory" error message.

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice you can give me!

Regards,

          Gianfranco