[daip] UVMOD/UVFIX question

Hanno Spreeuw J.N.Spreeuw at uva.nl
Sat Jun 7 05:50:07 EDT 2008

Thank you,

It seems that inserted sources with FPOS<>0 do not appear in the images
exactly where they should. The errors increase away from the tangent
point. This confirms earlier results by James Miller-Jones (CC).
However, with FPOS=0, the source always appears at the tangent point.
We are testing new source extraction code. In order to check our
deblending algorithm, we are inserting many sources in a small patch of
the sky. With these artificial sources one always knows the true flux
and position, so that is good for testing.
I am considering the workaround with UVFIX for these tests.

Hanno.