[daip] Calibration oddity.

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 4 17:28:49 EDT 2008

We created a CL table that only has data for one source.  We ran VPLOT
without restricting which sources to look at, expecting that, because of
the missing CL entries, we would only see that one source.  That was
true up to the first scan with that source - data on that source were
the first plotted.  But once past the first scan on the source in the
table, other sources started to appear in the plot too.  So it appears
to extend the last CL entry indefinitely and to other sources but does
not use the first CL entry until the data for that source is
encountered.  In normal usage, this is not a problem as you wouldn't ask
for calibration of sources without CL entries.  But we were checking
intermediate steps in the calibration sequence and got confused.

Cheers,

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA