[daip] UVFLF -cannot unflag VLBA data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 17 16:26:12 EDT 2008

Robert Mutel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use UVFLG to unflag a VLBA antenna which was falsely
> flagged during the observation [BM267A, 6 April 08, antenna HN,
> ellipsoid position
> does not match, but doesn't affect data, according to operator log. It
> appears that UVFLG was recently modified [July 15] so there might be a
> new gremlim.
>
> My UVFLG inputs are
>
> #inp
> AIPS 1: UVFLG:  Task to Flag selected UV data on disk.
> AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
> AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
> AIPS 1: INNAME     'BM267A'                UV data (name).
> AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UVDATA'                UV data (class).
> AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    UV data (seq. #).  0 => high
> AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Disk unit #.  0 => any
> AIPS 1: INFILE     *all ' '                Text file name.
> AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Sources selected/deselected
> AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray number 0=>all.
> AIPS 1:                                    Elevation is flagged: 0=>1
> AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to flag (kHz)
> AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to flag (MHz)
> AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to flag. -1=>all.
> AIPS 1:                                    0=> first Freq. ID.
> AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time: start day,hr,min,sec
> AIPS 1:                                          stop day,hr,min,sec.
> AIPS 1: BCHAN        -1                    First frequency channel
> AIPS 1: ECHAN        -1                    Last channel 0=>all
> AIPS 1: BIF          -1                    First IF 0=>1
> AIPS 1: EIF          -1                    Last IF 0=>all
> AIPS 1: ANTENNAS      5           5        Antennas
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1:               5           5           5           5
> AIPS 1: BASELINE   *all 0                  Baselines with ANTENNAS
> AIPS 1: STOKES     ' '                     Stokes' parameters
> AIPS 1: OUTFGVER      2                    Flag table version number
> AIPS 1:                                       Used w single-source too
> AIPS 1: APARM      *all 0                  1:elevation lower cutoff deg
> [...]

As I said - I made it fussy on UFLG - which is why I reinstated REAS and
added WILD OPCODEs.  The flags created by the VLBA are explicit in
listing subarray (1) and sources (at least 1 and 2) in the flags.  So
UFLG might have worked with SUBARRAY=1 and both sources listed in
SOURCES and TIMER=-1.  This particular function is better done with REAS
or WILD.  I will look at making a way to say no source name checking.