[daip] keyword for aberration correction

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 17 15:35:55 EDT 2008

Today at the VLBA Test and Development meeting I mentioned that with the
software correlator I plan to use UVW coordinates that are corrected for
the various relativistic effects (aberration, etc).  I believe this should
be made clear in a table keyword.  I would like the keyword (call it
ABERCORR here, subject to other suggestions) to have at least three
levels:

ABERCORR = UNCORRECTED -- the uvw values are those returned by calc
ABERCORR = APPROXIMATE -- a correction, acturate to some level, is made
ABERCORR = EXACT -- all corrections consistent with the delay model are made

Does this sound reasonable?  I would suggest making this an optional
keyword in the UV_DATA table of FITS-IDI files.  The default if left
unspecified would be UNCORRECTED.

-Walter