[daip] EDITR + QEDIUTIL again

Olaf Wucknitz wucknitz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Tue Jul 15 10:25:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

I just ran into another problem with EDITR. When flagging only one source
(in the SOURCES adverb and "DO ONE SOURCE" in the menu), it happened that
an incorrect source was flagged.
This seems to be related to the following change Eric made in April:

12607.  April 21, 2008      misc, EDITR                   Eric
        Changed QEDIUTIL to match SOURCE to the sources in the SU
        table.  It lost contact with the source name/number when a
        single source was loaded from a multi-source file.  This led
        to the name of source 1 appearing in the editing displays and
        source number 1 appearing in the flag table when one-source
        was requested even when the source number was really something
        else.
        Moved nowhere.

This did not work correctly in my case, because only the first 8
characters of the source name are used. If the source name is longer,
subroutine EDSLST does not find it and uses number 1 instead.

It would be nice if this could be changed to use the complete name. Since
the flow of information from the adverbs to the subroutines is not
entirely clear to me, I cannot provide a patch for this.
Would it not also make sense to provide some kind of warning if the source is
not found here? I know that this should never happen, but in this case it
did.

Cheers,
Olaf