[daip] AREA flagging in EDITR (and EDITA)

Olaf Wucknitz wucknitz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Mon Jul 14 18:02:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

I noticed that when flagging by area for one antenna (instead of one
baseline or all antennas), the flags are changed to "one baseline" when
copying from the temporary FC to the final FG table.
It seems to work fine for time ranges or "above" or "below".
(The flags displayed in EDITR itself are also correct.)

I find that the following changes in QEDIUTIL.FOR fix this, at least in my
current case.

original version:

C                                       time range can be general
            IF ((FLGOP(:3).EQ.'TIM') .OR. (FLGOP.EQ.'POINT')) THEN
               CALL EDANTS (ABS(FLGANT(2)), FGANTS(1), FGANTS(2))
C                                       others are specific
            ELSE
               CALL EDANTS (FLGANT(1), FGANTS(1), FGANTS(2))
               END IF

modification:

C                              time range and area can be general
            IF ((FLGOP(:3).EQ.'TIM') .OR. (FLGOP.EQ.'POINT') .OR.
     *          (FLGOP.EQ.'AREA')) THEN
               CALL EDANTS (ABS(FLGANT(2)), FGANTS(1), FGANTS(2))
C                                       others are specific
            ELSE
               CALL EDANTS (FLGANT(1), FGANTS(1), FGANTS(2))
               END IF

In this way the flags are applied to all baselines for those
times/IFs/channels/etc where the data are within the flagging area for the
current baseline (as described in the explain file). However, I am not
sure if this patch is also appropriate for all other circumstances.

Cheers,
Olaf