[daip] Fwd: Re: AIPS installation on Mac OS X 10.5.2

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 9 10:03:32 EDT 2008

Indeed you have the syntax wrong. Here is my /etc/sysctl.conf which
works...

$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf
kern.sysv.shmmax=10485760
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32
kern.sysv.shmseg=8
kern.sysv.shmall=4096

I think we need to make it a bit more clear that you don't do the
sysctl -w in the /etc/sysctl.conf file. I'll send some updated text to
Eric which will hopefully make this abundantly clear.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu