[daip] AIPS without rsync?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 14 11:34:23 EST 2008

As a temporary solution, I am making a copy of the entire rsync area
on the public ftp site:

       ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/aips/31DEC08B/

This has all the MACPPC and MACINT binary areas as well as all the
source code etc.  (It also has LINUX and SUL binaries.)  I am assuming
that you can manage from this point to force an installation.  For a
longer term solution, we will look into either replacing rsync witch
svs or setting up some way to allow a choice.

The public ftp will allow you to manage the short term need and give
us time to figure out the best way to manage this.  One issue, our svs
server is now in Charlottesville and we serve aips from Socorro.

Cheers,