[daip] AIPS installation

Sridharan Rengaswamy sridharan71 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 11:55:07 EST 2008

Hello Eric, Wes and Pat,

Thanks a lot.  display works for me now.

1. I edited /etc/services as per eric's suggestion.
2. I edited /etc/hosts to contain only  one line given by Wes.
3. I tried including tv=local tpok.  But I also found that I need not
include  tv=local because
even in this case I get the same AIPS TV screen.
4. I think, I don't need sshd now.

Eric: my compiler version is
sridhar at chandrama:~/aips$ g77 --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 3.4.6 (Ubuntu 3.4.6-6ubuntu2)

In retrospect, I realize that the compiler options I used may not be the
best.  Is there drastic
change in speed if binary installation is used?

Thanks once again for all your replies.

regards,
sridhar