[daip] [Fwd: AIPS vnc error message]

Katie Mae Chynoweth kchynowe at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 25 20:45:36 EST 2008

Hi Eric,

I hope I am not bothering you, I am not sure of the right place to direct
AIPS questions. Rather than try to fix this over VNC, I decided to go for
a more permanent solution and install AIPS on my laptop, which is a
MacBook Pro running Leopard v10.5.2. I almost have it working, except for
the TV. I get this error:

XAS: Using screen width height 1430 778, max grey level 255
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

And I tried the fix from http://www.aips.nrao.edu/aipsmgr/, (create an
/etc/sysctl.conf file and put the values in it listed on the webpage), but
this still yields the same error message. Any help would be very
appreciated!

Thanks,
Katie Chynoweth

--