[daip] macbook pro 15"

Glenn Morrison morrison at cfht.hawaii.edu
Sat Feb 16 16:31:45 EST 2008

Gents,

I just finished with installing AIPS 2008 on my macbook pro 15" and a
few minor things came up.

1) Had to make the /etc/sysctl.conf file for the laptop. Is the
resolution on the macbook pro that high now? I just used the default
values you provided on the webpage.

  2) I started aips on a terminal window (w/o X11 running) and it
started 2 xterms appeared on the activity monitor (did not appear in
any of the spaces!) and they went to 100% cpu for both. I killed both
xterms and aips still worked as far as I tested--tvin,tvlo were run
again and did just fine.

Should I start an xterm from the terminal window and then start aips
from the xterm only?

--Thanks

--Glenn