[daip] task suggestions

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Feb 3 15:10:10 EST 2008

David A. Boboltz writes:
Better late than never

 > MFPRT is nice to use, because PRTAB doesn't do the channel velocity
 > calculation,
 > and all of the position parameters are in degrees.   MFPRT outputs the
 > velocities,
 > and outputs the positions in mas.  MFPRT doesn't print out the errors in
 > the various
 > parameters.   For fitting SiO maser cubes I am less interested in the width
 > parameters and more interested in the errors in the positions and the
 > flux.
 > In my kludged up version of MFPRT, I just replaced some of the width
 > parameters
 > with the errors.  I just thought it would be nice if MFPRT gave the user
 > the option
 > to print out any column in the MF table.

12555.  February 1, 2008            MFPRT                 Eric
        Changed:
        1. Added print or sorted row number with new adverb FORMAT to
           suppress it if desired.
        2. Added OPTYPE 'USER' to allow the user to select rows with
           BOX using appropriate formats for the columns.
        3. Added OPTYPE 'LIDE' to do LIST with deconvolved widths
           instead of fit ones.
        4. Added OPTYPEs LINE and CONT to force the default style
           printing to be that for multi- and single-channel images
           respectively.
        5. Changed to symbolic column numbers from include PMFC.
        6. Changed line display to omit velocities when they cannot be
           computed.
        7. Omitted code for unused time columns.
        8. Corrected the line flux cutoff to use total flux column
           (like the others) rather than peak brightnes.
        Moved nowhere.