[daip] BL111E FITS archive

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 18 12:39:06 EST 2008

Yuri Y. Kovalev wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> Thank you very much for your comment!
>
> BL111E is a standard MOJAVE-1 15 GHz VLBA project segment (one
> correlator pass, single frequency setup, continuum, with cross-pol). I
> would appreciate if someone could take a look at it. I still hope that I
> did something wrong and you will manage to put it together. Thanks

I have loaded the 26 files associated with this group of data.  I note
that there are a variety of possible problems in that some of the 26
cover the same time ranges and hence are clearly re-correlations perhaps
with changed parameters.  There are 3 files output - one has 1715849
visibilities with 16 spectral channels each 500 kHz wide.   The others
are musch smaller - 2nd with 93090 visibilities, full polarization and
128 spectral channels each 62.5 kHz wide and the 3rd with 17349
visibilities, one polarization and 512 spectral channels each 15.6 kHz wide.

These 2nd and 3rd files cannot and should not be merged in any way with
the first.  Note that the archive does contain files that fully overlap
or nearly so - these are re-correlations and you will need to find out
what the reason for this might have been.  I would omit the early
correlations and take only the latest for each time range.

The big first file which is damaged by me loading everything is what you
want - there should be no need for merging of any sort.  Perhaps the
large numbers of channels in the 2 extra files were part of a fringe
search or some such.

I see no reason why you should not use VLBALOAD on these data from IDI
format - but you should carefully select the files from the archive.