[daip] dftpl

Andreas Brunthaler andreas.brunthaler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:17:55 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu> wrote:

>  I have found the reason for your problem with channel number - the code
> had a typo that caused the increment for frequency to be zero so it always
> plotted spectral channel 1, summed N times.  I will fix that in 31DEC08 and
> 31DEC09 today.
>
> I looked at your plot and cannot tell you why some times have small
> amplitude and some do not.  Try setting a very short TIMERANG so that you
> can identify a time with the near zero amplitude.  Then use PRTUV in that
> time - I bet you will see some baselines with very discrepant phases so that
> the complex sum will cancel.

Just for clarification: DFTPL just takes bparm(2) seconds of a scan,
regardless of how much data is in this time period? So one could have e.g.
2.9 seconds of no data and 0.1 seconds of data after an observing gap? And
when does the integration time start? Always at the last start of a scan?

Regards,
Andreas