[daip] Selfcal question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 22 10:30:11 EDT 2008

Hanno Spreeuw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at the IMAGR helpfile, if OVERLAP=2 "components from each
> field are restored to all fields that they overlap".
> Does that mean that the sum of all CC components from all facets is
> larger than the total cleaned flux density?
> How does that work out for selfcalibration? If I next run CALIB, solmo
> 'A&P', cparm[2]=0, wouldn't the total flux be overestimated?

No - of course not.  One should not add Gaussian components back to a
point CC file - it would mean that gridded would no longer be allowed
and it would make the mistake to which you allude.  The Gaussians are
put in the image but not the CC file.  For self-cal to work you must
include all facets not just the point ones.  The same thing is true of
overlap 1 and 2 modes without the multi-resolution.