[daip] Problem with WX tables in APCAL

Alan Marscher marscher at bu.edu
Fri Apr 11 14:38:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

I installed the 31JAN08 version of AIPS on 12 March 2008. I am now trying
to process a VLBA dataset read in with FITLD. When I went to run APCAL
with DOFIT=1, it failed, with an error message stating that the WX table
couldn't be read and may be corrupt.

I see that this error was patched in FITLD in the 31DEC07 version. So, I
ran the midnight job, in case this would apply a similar patch to the
31JAN08 version, and I read in the data again with FITLD. But APCAL still
fails. I even used TBOUT and cut and paste the numerical tables in the WX
table into a WX table from a previous dataset, in case the corruption was
in the file header. But APCAL still failed.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Al

Professor Alan Marscher
Department of Astronomy, Boston University
725 Commonwealth Ave., Boston, MA 02215, USA
Phone: 1-617-353-5029; Fax: 1-617-353-5704