[daip] Contour Plot Help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 3 16:58:23 EDT 2008

Joseph Coish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are creating contour plots using the AIPS task "cntr". An associate
> suggested that we include on the image, a representation of the beam
> size for the particular frequency. We think that there is a way to do
> this using cntr, but don't know how. Any suggestions?

CNTR has been kept deliberately simpler than other display tasks - so it
does not have this option.  You will need to "move up" in the world -
e.g. KNTR.  The adverb CBPLOT then controls which corner is used and how
much the beam contour is filled in.  KNTR has a better algorithm for
drawing the contours as well.  It has many other options - grey-scale
images, color, polarization lines, multiple panels, etc.  These can be
ignored pretty much for simple cases and then explored for making more
interesting displays.