[daip] fixing channel widths

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Sep 21 19:12:05 EDT 2007

Jacqueline Hodge writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > I'm the user who was asking Meri why FILLM was sending my two IFs to
 > different files.  She sent me your response regarding fixing the channel
 > widths, but I have a question about fixing the tables.  I can see
 > that the channel widths in the FQ tables need to be changed, but the info
 > in the SU tables looks the same (at least to my untrained eye) as that for
 > similar, *uncorrupted* files.  In particular, the bandwidths in Column
 > 10 are the same as those in other files.  What needs to be fixed in the SU
 > tables then?

Column 10 of the SU table has a BANDWIDTH which apparently is used by
some tasks.  That should be forced to a correct value for channel
separation not total bandwidth.  It may be that the temporary error in
the data from the VLA does not affect this - I have not actually seen
a bad data set in detail to know.  I was told that someone had trouble
with the error until they found this overlooked source of
information.