[daip] fixing channel widths

Jacqueline Hodge jhodge at student.physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 21 19:00:25 EDT 2007

Hi Eric,

I'm the user who was asking Meri why FILLM was sending my two IFs to
different files.  She sent me your response regarding fixing the channel
widths, but I have a question about fixing the tables.  I can see
that the channel widths in the FQ tables need to be changed, but the info
in the SU tables looks the same (at least to my untrained eye) as that for
similar, *uncorrupted* files.  In particular, the bandwidths in Column
10 are the same as those in other files.  What needs to be fixed in the SU
tables then?

Thank you for your help,
Jackie Hodge

"The user should fix the channel separation 3 places: the image header
with puthead, and the SU and FQ tables with TABPUT (carefully).  Then
VBGLU might glue them back together.

The user should watch for frequency wrong errors (phase inverted,
channel separation negative) but that was an independent error and far
less common."

Cheers,

Eric Greisen

If you need any AIPS help, Eric can answer your questions.  He's at
daip at nrao.edu.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Meri