[daip] AIPS installation problem: Tek and Message Servers not working (Ubuntu)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 13 10:41:10 EDT 2007

Try the following.  Insert the following files as XASERVERS and
UNIXSERVERS in your $SYSLOCAL area.  There are 2 differences between
these files and the ones in your $SYSUNIX area.  The first is that I
added the word export to all bash usages - this is required by some
systems for that shell and should not hurt elsewhere.  The other is
that I removed some comment symbols so that the xterm will remain
until you kill it, allowing you to read the error messages which
appear.

I may be able to provide help with the error messages once we know
what they are.

Eric Greisen