[daip] Fwd: xterm?

Howard Powell hbp4c at virginia.edu
Mon Sep 10 18:18:53 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply Eric.

Friday after I emailed you I installed the binary version of 31DEC06,
which of course had the same problems with the disappearing xterms.
Following your suggestion below, I added -hold (there was no
commented section, but I figured it out).  I see now that TEKSRV.EXE
and MSGSRV.EXE are both looking for the libsvml.so shared library
from the intel compilers.

Our own version of the intel compilers are installed in /astro/intel/
compiler91/{lib, bin} rather than /opt/intel.  To get AIPS to work, I
modified LOGIN.SH and LOGIN.CSH to include an LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/astro/
intel/compiler91/lib.  This path information isn't getting exported
to the xterms when they fork.

Actually, the full $LD_LIBRARY_PATH after sourcing LOGIN.SH gets set to:
/astro/intel/compiler91/lib:/astro/intel/compiler91/lib:/astro/AIPS/
31DEC06/LINUX/LIBR/INTELCMP:/astro/AIPS/31DEC06/LINUX/LIBR/INTELCMP

I see that libsvml.so is in the AIPS tree.

Any ideas why $LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't getting exported properly to the
subprocess?

Thanks!

--

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake
     Napoleon Bonaparte

Howard Powell
Computer Support Technician
Astronomy Department, UVa