[daip] AIPS help

Matthew John Merlo mmerlo at fit.edu
Thu Sep 6 16:16:45 EDT 2007

Hello

I am trying to run AIPS remotely and am encountering problems.  The
machine I am working on does not have AIPS, so I am sshing to another
machine that has it.  When I try to run aips it gives me the following
errors:

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called vader
TVDEVS.SH: Remote TV assigned for TVHOST vader  ***
START_AIPS: Checking if vader is reachable via ssh...
START_AIPS: Cannot start remote TV servers on vader, sorry!
START_AIPS: remote command gave this error:
ssh: vader: Name or service not known
START_AIPS: check your secure shell setup, in particular
START_AIPS: whether you have a passphrase enabled.  You may
START_AIPS: wish to try 'ssh -v vader pwd' to see
START_AIPS: what the problem is.
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC06 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 2 (release of 31DEC06) at priority =   0
AIPS 2: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 2: You are assigned TV device/server   3
AIPS 2: You are assigned graphics device/server   3
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Merlo